Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Great Return

I know I said I would be back at it last week. But let's be real... I didn't. Now, I didn't do all that badly. I tried to eat well. I didn't do great at it.. but I tried. And.. confession: I ate french fries on Sunday. I hadn't had fried food in almost 2 months. Do you know what I learned? I'm not missing anything. It isn't even that good.

I just got back from a run 15 minutes ago. My first run in... at least 2 weeks. I expected it to be the worst run ever since it had been so long. However, I was pleasantly surprised when it took me 11:48 to run a mile. It's not my fastest time, but it's only 10 seconds away from it. But at the end of the first mile, I did something funny to my leg which caused me to walk the rest of the way home. I still went 2.75 miles.

This is real life. Things get tough. I'm not a superstar dieter with cameras all around me to show people that I'm working out and eating right. That would be the most nerve wrecking experience! It's hard enough for me to blog about it. But, I do it.. because it keeps me honest. I know my trainer stalks me on here.. and anywhere else I post fitness things. My workout buddies keep me exercising. My best friends ask me how I'm doing. My best friends' mom makes note of how "skinny" I am every time she sees me. It keeps me going. THANK YOU ALL. If it weren't my my gigantic support system, not even my determination would keep me going.

I don't have a weight for this week. I don't trust any scale but my trainers (especially since my doctors scale was 3 lbs off).. and things didn't work for me to go there this week. But I will have one next week!

As my favorite person from Biggest Loser (Season 14) says:

No comments:

Post a Comment