Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week [or two]

Yesterday as I stepped on the scale at my trainer's house, I knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant number that I would see. I had tried to make good choices while on vacation, I really did. But I failed... A LOT. I shouldn't have eaten at Steak 'n Shake.. or had that milkshake. I probably shouldn't have had those M&Ms.. or chips. I can't do anything about it now.

 Granted, this gain was from 2 weeks and not just one.. but it was still not going to be pleasant. I looked down and saw a number worse than I had imagined.

I gained nearly 8 pounds.

After texting one of my best friends and telling her that I suck and feeling completely defeated... she reminded me that I don't suck and I just had more to lose now. It's all about perspective.

Yesterday, I worked out with my trainer and work out buddy. Journaled every bite of food and drank all of my water.

Today, I was going to wake up and go for a run.. however, I bent over this morning to pick something up and almost got stuck. My back is in pain, but it's nothing that Aleve, IcyHot, and a little rest can't fix. I'm still journaling my food..

I can't let this gain get the best of me. I won't allow it. Time to get over it and move forward.. Now I just have more to lose this week.

Here's my stats for this week:
Starting weight: 208.4 lbs
Current weight: 208.8 lbs
Goal weight: 150 lbs
Pounds to go: 58.8
Weeks until deadline: 28
Avg loss per week to reach goal: 2.1 lbs

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have ever heard about this endeavor of yours, but all this is AMAZING! So many people choose not to make this kind of change in their life. Have you ever watched the Biggest Loser? It's really motivational and will totally want to make you workout more. Compared to the contestants on the biggest loser, you are skinny! I run, I workout daily, and I love finding new and healthy recipes to try. I have read numerous books on diets, exercise, and nutrition. So, if you need a new and fresh, healthy recipe, or some exercise tips, or whatever, you let me know. I would be glad to help. I help my mom, dad, and brother daily to pick healthy food choices, and healthy exercise habits. Good luck, Faith!

    ReplyDelete