Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pump it!

Hey all!

The last week has been super motivating!  Friday night my manager/friend brought some dresses for me to try on for a couple of weddings at the end of the month. There's a GORGEOUS purple dress that I adore. However it's tight... By tight I mean it won't zip up... At all. These weddings are in 10 & 11 days.. It would take a miracle for them to fit. But I'm working for that miracle. I've worked out every day since then. Every time I want to give up during a work out, I think, "purple dress... purple dress..." over and over again

I realize that it's a bit far-fetched to think that I could go from not being able to zip up this dress to being comfortable in iron this short of a time period. But it won't be from a lack of trying. 

I also had my trainer weigh me today. I gained .8 lbs, but with amping up my work outs, I'm not surprised it went up a little. I'm gaining muscle like crazy! But I feel smaller... because a pound of muscle takes up less room than a pound of fat. :)

Starting weight: 208.4 lbs
Current weight: 206.8 lbs
Goal weight: 150 lbs
Pounds to go: 56.8 lbs
Weeks until deadline: 33 weeks

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Faith. I've only read your blog sporadically, but glad to hear you're still sticking with things. Just a thought on the nutrition aspect of things - have you tried a high-protein diet? For many years I was low energy and my mom always told me I eat too many carbs. Finally (when I started eating gluten free) I started getting enough protein and it made a big difference! Now, if I don't have protein with every meal, my energy lags which makes me crave sugar and other carbs! So, if you're trying to lean-up, protein is helpful, not only because it helps build muscle but also because it fills/fulfills you better and makes it easier to skip the junk food. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep that in mind! Thanks, Julia!

    ReplyDelete